Sunday

New Plants


I purchased four new plants last week. One mandevilla and three gardenia plants. The mandevilla could grow to 20 or 30 feet in length. I placed it along a vinyl fence around the back porch. Each gardenia was placed near an entryway to the house. I want people to walk by them as they enter our home. If you are not familiar with them, the fragrance is stunning.

The mandevilla will be brought in next winter. I've not had much luck keeping them alive outside during the cold. The gardenia, on the other hand, is on its own :-) There are gardenias in my part of the world that are twenty years old.

Playing in the dirt is good for me. The plants in this video are for this season and many more to come. We will enjoy the mandevilla this summer, but it may not be back. The gardenia was planted as much for my grandchildren as it was for me. One of the best benefits of gardening is the way it demands pace and planning, both of which are good for family living.

No comments: