Thursday

Catfish Feeding

Last summer we had a severe drought in my area. The pond was seven to eight feet below normal, which didn't leave much for the fish. To be frank, most of the pond was gone. About a foot of water covered a small portion of the bottom. Wish I had a picture to show you. Anyway, there were a couple of holes about three and half feet deep. I know because I measured them with a pvc pole.

Somehow, a few of the catfish survived. I'm not surprised by this because, as a boy, I caught catfish out of creek holes not much bigger than a mud puddle. Although those fish were small, maybe eight or ten inches long. As this video demonstrates, a good number of fish survived the drought. Now that the pond has recovered they are doing quite nicely. It should be a nice spring for them :-)


No comments: