Monday

Larry Norman



I just found out today that Larry Norman died on February 24th. How did I miss that? I was purusing the Wittenburg Door and found an article. At first I thought it was a joke.


Larry Norman is one of those people who influenced me in profound ways without me ever actually seeing him in person. I was introduced to his music by my long time friend Matt. We still joke about Larry's music to this day! Matt posts quotes on his myspace and I leave him five cent lyrics as a reply.


Larry's in-you-face clarity is the quality that marked me most. He just had a way of making the life of a Christian seem real. And he began to do so publicly in a time when the Christian community was not nearly as accepting as we are today. Search youtube for Larry. You'll probably get a laugh out of it, and if you're not careful you might be inspired.

No comments: