Wednesday

Shalom Y'all

How bout this for "outreach"? A local Jewish congregation in my town is now offering up to $50,000 to families who want to relocate to Dothan and join the local temple.

I raised this subject at my church....you know...wondering if we might want to offer up mega cash for new members....and was promptly greeted with loud rounds of laughter. I can't blame them. We really don't have that much money to "invest" in new members anyway :-) Truth is...I might need to worry about some of our members suddenly remembering they are Jewish too!

It should be interesting how this works out. I wonder how the temple will be doing in a year? Will they gain the ten to twenty families they are seeking? And how different is this from the Christian churches that pay $25 to "unchurched" people to attend and fill out a questionnaire?

No comments: